Monday, October 5, 2009

Radiation Oncologist said...

NO radiation for me! Yaaaayyyyyyyy!!!

This is excellent news, as I had been dreading to face the whole radiation issue. The last time I talked with the radiation woman, she said it was a fifty-fifty case, and after some hard deliberation she came down (barely) on the pro-radiation side. Since then, however, she had spoken with a colleague who tends to be more aggressive in his treatment than she typically is. He is sort of her litmus test: If he says he wouldn't radiate, then she'd be even less likely than him to radiate. Apparently, his recommendation was not to radiate. 

Thus I am officially done with my cancer treatment! 

It's a great relief for me, even though I know I still face at least two separate surgeries to complete my foob reconstruction and take out the chemo port. But I've sort of gotten used to the idea of surgeries and they are now at lot less scary for me than they used to be.

But tonight, we just want to celebrate the good news that the treatment is completely behind me, so DH and I have decided to go and make a night of it, even if we have to be back at work tomorrow...

8 comments:

Noelle said...

That's great news!!! Congratulations :)

m said...

Celebrate away!!!!! (No details please for us innocent folks...) :-) :-) :-)

Daria said...

Good news ... hope you had a great night!

Lydia Yoder said...

That's so encouraging! Love, Lydia

Starman said...

Congrats!!!!

Party on!

Natalie said...

Congratualations. You have gone through a rough journey. I start my chemo on Monday and I hope to be as brave as you.

TNBCAmazon said...

Hi Natalie,

Thanks for your comment and the congratulations. It is a good feeling to be done with treatment!

I wish you all the best for your chemotherapy. You know, we all have far more strength inside than we know! Just try to take things one day at a time, and remember that you're going through everything so that you can be cured! And one day not too far in the future, you, too will be done with your treatment.

M said...

Starman and I are now looking to you and your story for even more inspiration, as S's aunt begins her fight against breast cancer. Thanks for sharing everything you did in your blog -- it is a great source of comfort and help!!