Thursday, March 3, 2011

As we thought, pathology was benign

There is good, though expected, news regarding the pathology report from that fibroma I had removed two weeks ago. I received a call from the butcher today, informing me that not only was he able to remove the entire thing, but that it was benign as we thought. So that is good news all around, and certainly important news to receive! Yay, one more strange growth on my body turned out to be benign! It still makes me wonder, though, why my body is apparently so good at growing things that don't belong...

Anyway, next week I will have my various pre-surgical appointments for the prophylactic mastectomy on the 14th, so that will keep me busy. Besides, I have some stuff I want to wrap up before the surgery, as I know that I won't be able to do certain things for a while. Plus, since my mom is flying in next weekend to help take care of me for the first two weeks after surgery (DH will have to work, and work late, too), I have to get the house cleaned and ready for that. Yay for moms that swoop in to help out their kids! It's wonderful to have so much support... Thanks, mom!

So I'm gradually getting ready for the big surgery. I even have a mastectomy buddy this time around, fellow TNBC gal Julie who received her diagnosis just a few weeks ago and is scheduled for a double mastectomy the same day and time as I am (although hers will take place in an entirely different city). The idea is to stay in touch and give each other encouragement and support. Since this is my second mastectomy, I already have some experience with what is likely to happen and hope to be able to share some tips with Julie as we recover. If you feel so inclined, stop by Julie's blog at http://jdaudelin.blogspot.com/ and drop her some words of encouragement as she proceeds through her TNBC journey.

5 comments:

Mksb said...

Thank heavens for mothers!!!! Welcome back to your mom; we look forward to seeing her! Let us know when and where we can visit you - how long is the hospital stay? Sign us up for doggie help, too, if needed. We love you and support you!!!!

Julie said...

Glad your butt bump was benign! Thanks for the "shout out" on your blog. I am nervous about the big day on monday as well. Today was my appointment with the plastic surgeon and I'm learning more than I ever wanted to knoww about breast reconstruction. What part of this great country do you live in? I'm in Michigan. Well, I'll try to send you a message on sunday but in any case I will be thinking of you when I go in on monday. Thanks for being my mastectomy buddy. Talk to you soon. :)

Mkbs said...

Best wishes to both you and Julie! You will do great, and you have lots of love and prayers being sent your way!!!

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you & wishing you all the best! Love from Princeton!

Julie said...

Good luck tomorrow. I will be thinking of you. Sending prayers your way.