Monday, March 14, 2011

Mastectomy day is here!

So we got up, I forget exactly when, but the technical term, I'm pretty sure, is "way before the crack of dawn" and drove to the hospital. As I am typing this, I am in the same day admitting waiting area and DH just came in after parking the car. We are all geared up and ready to go.

The last week has been a whirlwind of sorts, as I have been trying to get ready, get some spring cleaning done before I can no longer lift my arms, and tie up loose ends. My mom flew in on Saturday and has helped out tremendously already. But I've been very busy, so I haven't managed to reply to all those loving and supportive messages I have received. So let me say thank you here instead. I really, really appreciate the wonderful support from my awesome family and friends! Thank you SO much. I feel as though I am riding a big old wave of love and comfort into this surgery. This time around, the mastectomy has me nowhere near as nervous as the first time.

So soon it shall be my final goodbye to boob(s) -- and hello to all silicone!

DH will post the first post-surgery update, and I will follow up when I feel good enough. Thanks again for all of your kind and loving support. So here it goes... Peace and out.

1 comment:

MK+ said...

Thinking of you and wishing you well! May the surgeons be expert in their care, and may you get your wish for 30 hours or less in the hospital (I admire your how-to-get-out skills greatly!!!)

Hugs and love from Mama Bear and the whole tired crew :) (sleep is so over-rated, or at least that's what I am telling myself these days!)