Saturday, September 12, 2009

Catching up with myself

Well, I've had one crazy week, let me tell you. This time, however, it was mostly of my own making rather than some strange chemo complication. 

I've had this nagging feeling throughout my chemo treatment that I am missing out on life around me as I couldn't go places and do things I would normally do because I lacked the energy and/or was too nauseated for it. Lately, in particular, I had missed our niece's wedding in Ohio and wouldn't have been able to see her parents (who live abroad but had come to the US for the wedding) if they hadn't made the trip out to see us last Wednesday and Thursday. 

So when my weird new nausea finally abated on Wednesday morning, I saw one last chance to attend my brother's wedding party. But of course, that event required overseas travel. It's what happens in globalized families such as mine... Since I felt well enough, however, DH were crazy enough to book tickets for Thursday night, returning on Labor Day. 

We flew out, and had a lovely time with family and friends. The wedding was lovely, the bride stunning, and we were so glad that we got to meet her family, which had flown in from the other end of the globe. So I finally got to dance at my brother's wedding after all! Mind you, I could only muster the energy for a slow dance or two, but despite the odds I made it to at least one of the many weddings I had been hoping to attend this summer.

Time flew, though, and before we knew it we were back home. This was a good thing, as I had to start working again on Tuesday. Since my mastectomy in April I had been off work, but now those lazy days are over and I have to learn to get back into the swing of work-related things. Jetlag didn't exactly help with that this week, but that's how crazy I can get if I just have enough energy.

The rest of the week I didn't have enough energy left for posting, however, as I spent it all trying to catch up with myself and my crazy ideas. Oh yeah, and then I had my last and final chemo on Thursday -- but that'll be the topic of a separate post. 

1 comment:

MKB said...

hi!!!! it's good to see you back online, back in the country, back home, and so on! Sorry that the Mr. furry is still demanding treats on his food. :) :) :)
Be sure to include the chemenorah celebration in one of your posts! :)