Monday, September 14, 2009

One day down

My return to work has brought another set of issues for me. Although I'm lacking energy and struggling with numbness/tingling/neuropathy in both my hands and my feet, I need to be able to be on my feet for quite some time and be energetic in my presentations. I manage to do that for the shorter presentations, such as the one today, but I am slow-- and the effort wears me out completely. The last round of chemo still has me in its grip, despite the lesser side effects this time around.

Actually, the neuropathy was bad enough that even though I didn't take any painkillers this time around, I didn't dare drive. In the morning, DH drove me in to work, and after I was done my boss was kind enough to drive me home. It just felt safer that way.

Tomorrow I need to make two back-to-back  presentations, which will be even more difficult. I'll need to find a way to sit more during presentations, and to make sure I can give them fast enough. But my brain is still to chemo-foggy to make it up to the speed I need. Hopefully that side effect will wear off soon, too. 

Overall things are going pretty well, though. Particularly when you consider my crazy escapades from last week, everything has worked out pretty smoothly so far. 

I still need to make the appointment with the radiologist to make a final decision, though. It's an issue I've been avoiding...

No comments: