Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Getting better?

Yesterday and today brought more pain, and unfortunately more nausea, as well. At least I managed to avoid closer acquaintance with the porcelain bowl. Maybe my theory about the cause of the pain was incorrect, though. Although I didn't take any pain meds today, I still felt nauseous. So much for that theory... Who knows, anyway.
Today I feel as though things are getting better, thankfully. I had a touch more energy, and managed to make it through the pain without medical help. Since I am still hoping to travel on Thursday night, I figured I'd better start getting my rear end in gear. So I accompanied DH and the doggie on their morning walk. While I may have slowed them down, it felt good to be moving again.
Tomorrow, DH's brother and his wife will come to visit. This is a special treat, as we do not get so see them much ever since they moved abroad. They had come home to the US this summer since their daughter got married. I had hoped to make it to the wedding, which took place last weekend, but given that I was in the throes of the chemo side effects, I couldn't go. So if they weren't coming out to see us, we would not have seen them this year.
As you can see, I have big plans for the rest of the week. Hopefully I will have the energy to do most of the stuff I am planning. It sure would be nice to have at least the semblance of a life again. I just wish that nausea would subside...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hope today is a much better day! I can't tell from the posts if you are only taking reglan post-nausea, or if you are taking that or any other anti-nauseant/anti-emetic prophylactically, which you might want to consider if not. Also, we found that what works for you earlier in the protocol doesn't always keeping working as well later on, so it may be time to try something different or an adjuvant along with the reglan. Talk with your dr and see what he thinks. In the meantime, hang in there and have a nice visit with your company!