Sunday, August 30, 2009

Strange day

Last night didn't turn out to be too restful, unfortunately. Due to my stomach issues, I didn't dare take another pain pill until my six hours were up. So I ended up being quite uncomfortable during the night. But I managed to get at least some sleep, even if it was spotty, and full of strange dreams.

I sure was glad when the morning came, and after a good breakfast (DH makes yummy buckwheat pancakes!), I took another vicodin. Turns out life is much better when my pains are relieved. Still, while the medications control most of the pain, it seems this time around they also cause nausea for me. When I had taken vicodin previously, I never had an issue with it. Furthermore, I make sure to always take pills with food so I don't upset my stomach. Yet this time around, it seems that within two hours or so of taking a vicodin, I get stomach/nausea issues. At least that's my current working theory.

This time at least I didn't throw up, but only barely. I even had to take another reglan to calm down the stomach. Also, I started taking the stronger version of vicodin that Dr. V had prescribed (rather than the somewhat weaker version I had left from an old prescription), and that really made me feel loopy -- and extra nauseous. So maybe I need to lay off the pain meds to calm the stomach. But of course, that is difficult to do when you are in pain. At least the tingling in my hands and feet isn't as bad this time around as it was during the previous round. So that is something I am grateful for.

Sorry, I am rambling... But I've been having a strange, loopy, sleepy then wide awake then sleepy and so on, nauseous kind of day.

Oh, another thing I am grateful for are my wonderful friends. Starman and 2l dropped off a goodie bag for me today (depositing it so sneakily on the front porch that not even the doggie heard them!). The treats are delicious, and the clothes choices amazing! The black and red dress fits me almost perfectly, and will make a nice alternative option for my brother's wedding, if I manage to go. Thanks so much, you guys are amazing!!!

3 comments:

MKB said...

Starman can be surprisingly quiet and fast when he wants to be! I am so glad you like the dress -- please put it to good use!

Angela said...

Maybe see if you call the doctor's office you can get the lower dosage? Or take half a pill at a time rather than a whole one?

Lakeland Jo said...

sorry to hear about your health issues. Not sure how I came across your blog but I will come back soon to see how you are getting on. Good luck to you and best wishes