Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Getting ready for another one

It was another nice and sunny day. I spent it lunching with a friend, and getting some work stuff done. But although it was a nice and relatively productive day for me overall, it was never far from my consciousness that I am not going to feel this good much longer. After all, chemo #7 frighteningly close. 

I am really hoping to make it through tomorrow's taxol infusion without having an allergic reaction. If I do manage this, it would be be a first for me... So far, they have always had to stop the infusion and combat the allergic reaction when they have given me taxol. The first time they did this, an allergic reaction was more or less expected, apparently. The second time, however, it wasn't really normal, though. But then I've been trying to tell them that I am anything but 'normal' (whatever that may be...). 

Be that as it may, this time around we will try whether IV benadryl and steroids before the chemo, rather than the pill forms of this medication, will make a difference for the better. I am really hoping they will, as I am tired of those allergic reactions. 

Tonight, in anticipation of chemo, I am once again hopped up on steroids and awaiting the inevitable tomorrow. It feels good to know that by this time tomorrow, I will be more than three quarters done with chemo. Nonetheless, it is difficult to know that the chemo will hit me quite badly and that I will be in considerable pain for quite a few days after the infusion. This good poison packs quite a punch for me, unfortunately. And I know that my already battered body will have to take two more of those. Ah, can't wait to be done with this poison game... 

So wish me luck for tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get in some good sleep (courtesy of ativan and benadryl) before the cycle begins anew.

1 comment:

:) said...

You are in my prayers from the moment i woke up today. Keep me posted on your progress. You have accomplished so much and are doing great!!!!

Love and hugs,
the pole lady
:)