Thursday, August 20, 2009

Feeling a bit better

I feel that I am over the hump for this round, and that I am starting to feel a bit better. I didn't need any pain meds today, for instance. Luckily, the daily chills and slowly rising temperature also stayed away. My hands and feet still tingle, though. Overall, however, I am feeling much better. So I took the doggie out for his morning walk all by myself, and we walked a nice big round.

Tonight, DH came home early and we went out shopping and then to dinner. That was exhausting, but very nice. After all, I hadn't really been outside of the house (with the exception of two walks the day before) since my last round of chemo. All I can say is that the Taxol is definitely taking a greater toll on me than the Adriamycin and Cytoxan did!

I don't know whether it's due to the chemo or not, but my allergic reaction to those insect stings is still going strong. It's a big, two inch, raised, red, and itchy welt. So I continue to need Benadryl for that, which makes me sleepy. Oh well, as I've said before, in this heat this may not be the worst thing. I try to look at it as an extended, bug-induced siesta...

It really feels nice to regain some strength, though, even if I still tire very easily. As soon as we came back from our shopping/dinner trip, I felt ready to turn in for the night. These are the kinds of impulses I give in to pretty easily these days. One more Benadryl and I'll sleep like a baby...

No comments: