Saturday, August 8, 2009

No CAT scan today...

We waited all day, but I didn't get to have my CAT scan. I realize this is the weekend and all, but a suspected case of pneumonia (or worse?) -- at least to me -- seems urgent enough to do the scan pronto. But I suppose the CAT scan machine only got to work for the ER today...

With each passing day, and each returning fever, it is getting a little bit harder to keep up my spirits. I'm getting restless, want to get out of here and be home rather than waste my time in solitary confinement here. I am not really supposed to leave the room (and need to wear a face mask if I do), so I am cooped up in my little slice of the hospital. Granted, the view is great, but by now that's a case of "been there, done that." 

Thank you to all of you who have sent me such loving and supportive notes. These notes are especially appreciated now as my spirits are gradually sinking. I'll eventually get around to answering them all, but for right now I just tire easily and can't work on the computer too long. So until you receive a more personalized answer from me, please know how much appreciate your note.

1 comment:

Starman said...

Sometimes clichés are best:
Things are always darkest before the dawn. Keep your spirits up. Things *will* get better. You'll see!