Saturday, August 29, 2009

Here comes the pain again...

It's that time of the chemo cycle again when the pain starts. I woke up this morning and could feel it. Luckily DH was sweet enough to get me some crackers, pain pills, and water (I can't take the pills on an empty stomach) and then let me sleep some more while he took the dog out and made breakfast. When he came to get me a few hours later, I had gotten a bit more sleep and the pain meds had kicked in. So I managed to make it downstairs without too much difficulty. 

I'm curious to see how the pains will develop this cycle, since I took the neulasta shot last night -- my first one in conjunction with a taxol treatment. I can feel the pain today, but it is not (yet?) as bad as it was in the previous two taxol cycles. So I am wondering whether this morning's aches are simply from the neulasta. Who knows... We'll see what develops.

4 comments:

M said...

Our prayers are with you. You can do this!!!!

Starman said...

Keep your chin up. We are all pulling for you!!!

Noelle said...

Not that it'll help get rid of the pain, but try and think about how the pain that you feel is tiny compared to the trauma and pain any cells that might even be pondering the possibility of going rogue and following the cancer route are feeling. But, still the pain has to stink. Hang in there.

Unknown said...

Hi, i've been reading your blog. I have triple negative stage 4 breast cancer. I just wanted to add I always had bad aches and pains the couple days after my neulasta shots. It seemed to settle in my jaw and shoulders and then move down to my hips and just ache. The taxol will also cause some aches also. I hope you get along good and the pain goes away. Heather.
hgfotography.blogspot.com