Tuesday, August 25, 2009

It's all in the blood

No wonder I've been feeling better lately. When I went to see the poison man yesterday, they did a CBC as they always do. I don't have a copy of yesterday's blood count yet, but Dr. V said that my white count is a bit lower than they like to see. This is not so good, but then the count wasn't terribly low. I just have to watch out and avoid getting an infection.

The good news is that my red blood cell count was up markedly. In recent weeks it had hovered around ten point something-or-other, but yesterday it had gotten back up to eleven, just half a point under the 'normal' value. This is very good news indeed, and it explains why I have had a lot more energy lately. At the end of the day, it seems, it's all in the blood.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, kiddo. I just got caught up after returning to town this weekend. I see your usual panache and grace are still with you. :>) Keep it up - only 2 more to go! Check your email and tell me if you want a visit (with goodies, of course) one of these days.