Friday, August 28, 2009

Early warning signs

When I woke up this morning, I could feel the tingling in my fingers already. I suppose that is an early warning sign. My feet still feel fine, but I have a feeling that the pain and neuropathy will hit me big time in the morning. In none of my previous rounds of taxol have I felt the numbness this early...

In the meantime, I am trying to make use of the energy that I still have before the pain drains it out of me. There is so much to do, and so little time before the side effects will likely kick in. But I will do as much as I can -- and I will have to find the time to finish my projects sometime later. My body has so many limitations these days that I am still learning to respect.

It turns out that my brain isn't what it used to be, either. As I was working today, I messed up so many times it wasn't even funny any more. Here I had spent an hour concentrating on a project, just to finish it -- and to find out that despite all the thinking I did, I finished it incorrectly. So I had to undo everything and start all over again. Apparently my abstract thinking skills have suffered somewhat during chemo. Go figure.

At least I still have an appetite. Since I wanted to make headway on my various projects, DH was in charge of cooking. I provided the idea, and he did the actual cooking. I am lucky that DH is a very good cook, as dinner was delicious. So at least I didn't have to worry about food. 

It's late now and I have done about all the work I could for today. So I'm off now to give myself the neulasta and lovenox shots, and then I'm off to bed. Hopefully I'll get a good night's sleep, even if takes the help of ativan and benadryl.

No comments: