Saturday, August 22, 2009

Two walk kind of day

Ah, how nice it is to feel stronger again. Today I actually managed to take two walks, like I used to. One was an extended little walk with the doggie in the morning. And the second one was an extended excursion DH, the doggie, and I took this evening, after it cooled off somewhat. The exercise feels so good! I even managed to intersperse some little sprints into my evening walk, just to get the heart going a bit more. How exhilarating!

My last two rounds of chemo have left me feeling so weak and vulnerable that it really scared me. Particularly after that week in the hospital, I did not feel ready nor strong enough to face another round of the good poison, but had to go take it anyway. This time, I was lucky enough (so far) to stay out of the hospital. So I really want to make sure I regain some strength and energy before I have to face the good poison again on Thursday. 

Another correlate of the weakness has been the feeling that my brain has turned to mush. This is bad any old time, but particularly when you have work that needs to be done. Well, I have plenty of such work that has piled up over the past few months, and I really need to get to it. So I am hoping that strengthening my body will also help me get some of that mush and fog out of my brain. We'll see how well that works, but I think it's worth the try.

Thus I hope to really take advantage of my remaining 'good' days of this cycle to get back into shape, and maybe even get a bit of work done. Who knows, maybe that will make it easier to take the last two rounds of chemo, as well.

No comments: