Sunday, August 16, 2009

Storm clouds are gathering...

When I woke up this morning, I knew the storm clouds were gathering. There it was again, that nasty joint and muscle pain I had experienced after my first round of Taxol -- just a day later than anticipated. At least this time I was forearmed with vicodin and could thus keep the pain at a tolerable level. 

What worries me much more is that my temperature has once again begun to creep up. Maybe it is just the insane heat outside, but maybe it's the heat generated within my body. The next days will tell. But I so do not want to go through all that blood drawing and the hospital stay again... And I still worry that Dr. V may take me off the Taxol and put me on some less effective drug. 

I've been pushing liquids so at least I won't get dehydrated. The temperatures outside are outright crazy, and barely tolerable inside where a lonely window air conditioning unit is noisily working overtime. Ah, I remember now, this is why I was hoping to have a split air conditioning unit installed earlier this season -- except I never had the energy to research models and find a contractor to install it.

That's too bad, as I am paying the price for it now. Apparently the chemical rigors of chemo also bring with it a reduced tolerance for heat. Combine that with chemopause and its accompanying hot flashes, and it's one uncomfortable, sweaty combination. 

1 comment:

Noelle said...

I'm thinking fever free and pain free thoughts your way! And maybe a few entertaining vicodin-inspired strange dreams too, for some distraction from the heat and fever-worry.