Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Preliminary absence of bacteria

Nurse C called me with the preliminary results from all the blood and urine they took from me to culture yesterday. Well, apparently I am not very cultured, as everything came back with a negative results. Final results should be available tomorrow. My CBC also looked ok, even though my white blood cells were a bit low, since I did have enough infection-fighting neutrophils. So it looks as though the news is good: no systemic bacterial infection. 

I'm coughing more today, and still running a temperature. So I may be fighting some sort of little respiratory virus that will just have to run its course. Go immune system and get that little virus out of me. I'm tired of running a temperature during this hot and humid August weather!!!

Painwise I'm also doing better. The Vicodin really help me combat the pain. I started reducing the dose today as I didn't feel so bad when my six hours were up, and eventually took only three half pills during the day. Tonight the pain is coming through again, though, so I may have to pop a whole one in a little while. I was never into the whole "pop a pill" thing, but cancer sure made me change my tune on that...

1 comment:

M said...

Popping pills with a purpose always works -- you can return to pill-popping-free days in the future!
(Can you tell that I am in need of sleep...?)

:-)

See you soon!