Saturday, August 1, 2009

Update...

During the day, it looked as though my temperature was holding steady, but tonight it started going up to 101.1 F. So I gave in and called the on-call oncologist for advice on what to do. Much to my surprise, he doesn't want me to come in to the ER. Instead, he gave me permission to take extra-strength acetamenophen to get the fever down. It should also take care of the residual joint pain I've been experiencing. Phew. 

I hadn't taken anything earlier, since I didn't want to suppress the fever before we knew where it came from. But based upon Thursday's bloodwork the oncologist thought I should be fine. Apparently, the Taxol can cause a fever just because... If I am still running a temperature tomorrow, despite the acetamenophen, then I am supposed to call the service again and get re-evaluated. Let's hope that won't be necessary -- and I am sure glad they didn't order me to the ER like last time... But I'll have my stuff ready just in case (this time with an eye mask and ear plugs to counteract noisy ERs and roommates!).

2 comments:

MnK said...

hi! That is one impressive temperature - a thousand degrees is pretty darn hot! "going up to 1001.1 F."

:-)

Try to stay cool!!

TNBCAmazon said...

See -- that's what the fever is doing to me...!!! It has me all confused.