Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Ok, I guess it *was* major surgery after all...

I had been feeling so well that I almost managed to forget that I did have major surgery just a few days ago. I'd been doing so well, lasting an additional hour on the percoset, that I figured I was ready to switch to vicodin. If it's good enough for Dr. House, then it should be good enough for me, no? Well, I was wrong. Tonight I'm hours from my next pill, and I'm quite uncomfortable and in pain. So much for my experiment. When it's time for my next painkiller, I'll ruefully get back to the percoset. Bummer.

The strange thing is I didn't even do anything much today. Helped my mom fix picasa web albums from their last vacation, made and received a few phone calls, IM'ed with friends, and received a visitor for half an hour. Hardly big stuff, but I didn't sleep well last night, and today I'm punked out for no good reason.

My visitor today was my boss, who brought a BEAUTIFUL orchid from my colleagues, as well as a box of chocolates from the young people I work with. How sweet is that?! It was really nice to see him, but soon we were both tired.

So that's the news from Lake Woebegone. Nothing exciting really. Just tired -- and I' m tired of it. I wish I could go back to working out again, as it would surely help me feel better.

Other than that, the muscle spasms are getting a bit better, with longer periods between them. The right three fingers are still numb, which makes typing more of a challenge, particularly on my spiffy new netbook. But I'm managing, cause that's what amazons do. What do tired amazons do? Ok, I'll try to get some sleep then...

No comments: