Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Taking it easy

I am figuring out that taking it easy really is the way to go as I recover. Easy does it, and I'm gradually learning to accept that. With the percoset, the pain has been in check much better -- and I wasn't even constantly checking the clock to see when I get to pop another pill. It has also meant more sleep, which has eased my mind and lessened my frustration. 

It is just that it is hard for me to just go with the flow and chill out. I am used to doing stuff -- and to taking care of others. This makes it more difficult for me to be the one who needs to be taken care of, I think. But I am gradually learning. I promise, I'm not usually this thick -- and I'll catch on eventually...

So it's been just a slow, rainy day around here. My patience was rewarded with a little success: for the first time since surgery, I was able to get myself ready (i.e. cleaned up, dressed etc.) all on my own. It seems like a trivial thing, but regaining some modest degree of independence felt like a big step. 

More people have been sending their love and support my way, and they have arrived in many different forms. Calls, emails, flowers, and more. I could not do all of this on my own, and I appreciate everything that you guys are doing for me! I cannot thank all of you enough...

It's time I get some more rest now, so TTFN.

No comments: