Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Almost time for round three...

It's Wednesday night, which means that tomorrow afternoon I will be taking my next poison cocktail -- straight to the heart. Another way I like to think about this is that by this time tomorrow, I will have made it through a whopping three quarters of the AC part of the chemo. So I'll be three quarters done with half of my chemo. That means I'll be done with a total of 3/8 of my chemo. Wait -- did you realize that seven out of five people do not understand fractions?! Think about that: seven out of five!!! Get it? Anyway, what I'm really trying to say is that I'm making progress on the chemo front. Take that, cancer!

I had a nice day today that included two extended walks with the doggie, as well as a visit from my friend A. who was sweet enough to keep me company for the afternoon, as well as to bring me some flowers from her garden, and some food to feel the little baby bird I'll once again turn into tomorrow. I really enjoyed her company, as well as the flowers and food she brought. So I had a nice day today. 

Thus I am all set for round three. The chemo is scheduled, the Neulasta is sitting in the fridge, waiting for me to adminiter it on Friday, and DH is set to take me in to the Cancer Center tomorrow. We're all good to go. Watch out cancer, here I come for another round -- and I think I just may be winning...

2 comments:

Noelle said...

Happy chemo day. As you watch the poison cocktail iv, think, "take *that* TNBC" (I'd say we should name it villainous name, but it seems like that might give it encouragement, so it can stick with TNBC as a moniker)

Me :) said...

Thinking of you today and wishing you awesome strength on the battlefield!!!