Friday, July 3, 2009

Tired, but otherwise better

Today I felt really tired, as I had not slept that well thanks to the decadron. I suppose it is meant to give me energy and prevent nausea. While it may have done the latter, it did not really do the former. Or at least any energy it gave me was negated by the lack of continuous sleep. I couldn't even sneak in a nap in the daytime. 

So I just took it easy all day long, watching lots of netflix movies and hanging out lazily. Luckily, I had no nausea issues, though, as I kept faithfully eating ever few hours, like a baby bird, even though DH was at work and I thus had to fetch my own food from the fridge. That much I managed, at least! Oh, and I gave myself the Neulasta shot, too. No problems there.

Due to all the rest, this evening I feel quite a bit better. It was fairly warm and sunny again today, so I couldn't really go out into the back yard much (due to drug-induced photosensitivity). This evening, however, after the sun started going down, DH, BJ and I went on a nice long walk. The air had cooled down nicely, which made for a very pleasant and long walk for the three of us. Now that's much better!

Overall, though, I made the right choice not going to Buffalo for my friend's wedding today, I think, even though I'm sad I couldn't be there. But it would just have been more than I could take, and would have exposed me to all kinds of germs when my immune system is the most vulnerable. Despite my absence, though, my thoughts were with Carolyn and Mark as they became husband and wife today. May your love continue to grow and flourish and may all your dreams come true!!!

1 comment:

Daria said...

I think I've gotten over the hump with the side effects of the chemo and the decradon ... I hope you have too.

Quality sleep is what I'm so looking for ...

All the best to you,
Daria