Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Sweet, sweet home...

I am so enjoying being back home again. Oddly, although my hospital stay lasted less than 36 hours in real time, subjectively it felt much, much longer than that.  I am sure this is in no small part due to the lack of sleep I experienced, and to the anxiety over potentially facing a serious deterioration of my so-called health. Whatever the cause, I am just glad to be back home again.

Both DH and the dog were overjoyed to have me back, as well, making the homecoming even sweeter. DH even stayed home with me the entire day, after already canceling all appointments for yesterday. It was an extra special treat.

Part of my homecoming celebration was probably less exciting for DH and the dog, but very exciting for me: after lunch I took a nice, two hour long, undisturbed nap!!! Boy, did it feel good to sleep in a quiet, dark room, without any interruptions to my sleep... 

It was hot and humid today, and I'm still a bit beat from whatever infection I may or may not have had (and did I mention from the lack of sleep?), so I didn't do much but just hung out more or less. I did have the energy to help DH make dinner, however, and even mustered enough willpower for a longish walk after dinner. I am expriencing a bit of bone pain in the shins (probably from the Neulasta -- I've got to feel it somewhere when my bones churn out those bands of thousands of immature neutrophils...), and the walk helped me feel better. 

So tonight I'm back in my own bed, in my own home -- for both of which I have a renewed appreciation. Happiness is often found in the simplest of things...

Thanks to everyone who emailed, called, commented on this blog, or otherwise thought of me during my little half-time scare. I really appreciate all of your support throughout my cancer battle. 

1 comment:

Starman said...

Enjoy being home and enjoy the garden!