Monday, June 8, 2009

Foggybrained

I've been having a slow day. Although I started out with all kinds of ambitions, I didn't get anything much done as I was simply tired and foggy-brained. Despite the fact that I had a pretty good night I just couldn't think clearly today. Chemo brain, anyone? For the first time I felt I had real trouble finding words and such. Oh well , yet another lovely side effect of the treatment. On top of it, I am starting to feel both my mouth and eyes get very dry. Well, at least there is no bone pain worth mentioning so far. Yay!

My computer did not make my life any easier for my foggy brain, either, as the nifty netbook once again failed to boot. For the second time, it had an issue with a driver that prevented it from booting at all and required a rescue re-installation of everything. I spent much of the day trying to understand and execute instructions for making a USB stick bootable, but ultimately I could not figure out everything I needed to. This would have been challenging for me on any good day, but today it turned out to be a day-long struggle.

Despite such issues, I managed to take the doggie for a walk this morning so I can get in some exercise. It's about time I got more serious about getting back into shape. Tonight after dinner, which DH was sweet enough to make (how can a woman not love a good cook?!!), we even went out for another 45 minute walk. Even if my brain was foggy, letting some fresh air blow through it certainly helped!
So I try to do what I can, and I try not to dwell on what I cannot do. There simply is no point to obsessing about it. All I have to remember is to keep on working at getting better and doing more, one day at a time.

No comments: