Sunday, June 7, 2009

What a beautiful day

It has been a nice and sunny day today, and I have gotten to enjoy quite a bit of it. After a leisurely breakfast, DH and I grabbed the doggie and took him for a nice long walk in the shaded woods. It was my longest post-chemo walk so far, and it was absolutely delightful! It feels so good to finally get moving again. So you keep your fingers crossed that my various surgeons will clear me for more than just walking when I see both of them on Tuesday.

I had been a bit apprehensive about today since I am offically out of anti-nausea meds from the study, with only the rescue meds left. Those, however, can come with a host of complications from what I read (maybe I shouldnt' surf the internet as much as I do???). But my fears were unfounded, as I didn't have any problems with nausea. The trick really seems to be to have lots of little meals spread out throughout the day.

Other than that, I puttered around the garden some, finally made the house just a tad more tidy than it's been (ok, I'll admit, it's still a mess -- but at least a mess in progress!). For the rest of it, I simply took it easy and made sure to rest a lot. So it's been a really beautiful day all around.

To top things off, I just heard from 2l that her dad made it through emergency surgery alright and is now recovering at home. That is excellent news!!!

1 comment:

M said...

Can I borrow your phrase - "a mess in progress"? I really really like it!!!! I think it might describe more than just the state of my apartment...