Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Why I like Tuesdays better...

Now I remember, this is why I like Tuesdays better than Mondays: the nausea gets better!!! Oh yes, and my energy levels gradually rebound, which also adds to the day's appeal. How could I forget? Well, I suppose I will have at least two more opportunities to remind myself of the particular nature of this chemo roller coaster. Maybe I'll figure it out by round four -- just in time to be confronted with an entirely different kind of chemo from round five on, which is sure to bring its own dynamics, side effects, and challenges.

Yes, as you can surely tell by now, today was a much better day for me than yesterday. My nausea could be controlled by regular baby bird feedings, the sun came out for a while, I played ball with the doggie for quite some time (boy did we both like that!), and I even managed to make dinner for a second night in a row. To top it all off, I managed to find the energy to tidy the house some more and improve upon my mess in progress. So I'll count this as a successful day indeed, even if much more work needs to be done. 

In the next few days I want to work on getting more walks in, and maybe begin lifting some light weights or something to re-build my strength. See, one good day is enough to make me kinda ambitious! Hopefully both my body and the weather will cooperate. 

In the meantime, I am still waiting to hear back from the Cancer Center regarding my next chemo on July 2. The nurse had said she would call me back today to let me know whether I would give myself the next neulasta shot, or whether they want me to come in on Sunday the 5th to receive it at the Center. Presumably the only holdup to the self-administered shot is the insurance, which may refuse to cover the medication in an at-home setting. Still, I find it vaguely unsettling that I have not yet heard back from the nurse. Oh well, what's a little more uncertainty in my life... Maybe this is yet another thing that will happen tomorrow. 

Who knows, given my ambitious plans, maybe I'll like Wednesdays better yet than either Mondays or Tuesdays? I'll let you know tomorrow how close reality came to my ambition.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Hey!! So glad you are feeling better than you were on Monday. Mondays after chemo sound like a drag. How's the MP3 player working for you? We tried to put some decent music on there.

1L