Sunday, June 21, 2009

My first bald day

Honestly, being bald isn't that bad. I still feel much freed from my shedding head of hair and am glad to have tamed it. The hats and scarves and the wig help me cover up when I feel the need to do so. When I venture out in public, for instance, I feel better wearing the wig. But at home, around the house I often go bald when it is warm enough and only don a headcovering when it's too cool for my comfort.

The nausea has also been at bay all day, but started to rear its ugly little head a bit more tonight as I had instructions to stop all regular anti-nausea meds today, with only the "rescue" drugs left at my disposal. So I took an ondansetron, one of the new rescue drugs that they gave me because I heard lots of bad stuff about the reglan they had previously prescribed. Luckily the nausea is getting better and I am getting tired. 

Tomorrow I have to call the Cancer Center and my poison man to find out whether I can take my next round of chemo on July 2, as planned. As it turns out, the center will not be open on the third due to the upcoming Fourth of July holiday. As the holiday falls on a Saturday this year, they want to give people the day before the holiday off so they can travel. This means they won't be able to give me my Neulasta shot, which may impact my overall chemo schedule. On Sunday they'll open to make up for the closed Friday, so I'm hoping they will either let me inject myself on Friday (after all, since the IVF cycle I've become the queen of subcutaneous--and even intramuscular-- injections, or whether I can get the shot on Sunday and still go ahead with the next chemo on July 16. So there are more details to work out, as always...

But I'm tired for tonight, so I think I'll just sign off now. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Daria said...

Hi there ... just started following your blog ... Ondansetron or Zofran can cause constipation ... be aware.

I sure like your glossary of words ... may as well have some fun.