Monday, May 11, 2009

Fixin' to let go of my eggos...

Today brought more monitoring, and blood on the first draw (even if she had to dig around a bit in the back of my hand). Overall it wasn't that bad. The good news is that my follies have grown quite a bit from yesterday, which means that tonight I had DH give me the trigger shot into the south end of a northbound me. This means that within 36 hours of that injection, I will ovulate -- and that I will have my egg retrieval on Wednesday.

I'm really looking forward to let go of my eggos and hope we'll have quite a few embies to turn into frosties for the better days to come. Keep your fingers crossed that I'll be a good laying hen and produce sufficient eggos which will fertilize sufficiently and develop and then freeze well.

Tomorrow morning I have yet another monitoring/presurgical appointment. This time we have to be at the IVF center in the big bad city -- deep breath -- at 6:30 a.m. So we'll be up before the crack of dawn once again. It'll be good practice for the egg retrieval on Wednesday, as we'll need to be at the hospital in the big bad city at that same early hour. I suppose the road to parenthood, just like parenthood itself, involve very little sleep...

I'll get to sleep through the retrieval, though, as they will be kind enough to give me conscious sedation. Last time they gave me that I apparently talked a lot, although I do not remember any of it. I did not realize I could be that talkative in my sleep, but maybe I didn't sleep and just didn't remember it? In any case, let's hope I'll be better behaved this time. 

Talking about sleep, my next surgery (oh how much fun is it to say that: "my next surgery" -- like I'm a surgery addict or something...) has been scheduled for May 26. That day, Dr. R will implant my mediport so that when I'll get my first chemo on May 28, there won't be any of that desperate hunting for a decent vein that promptly blows up when poked with a sharp object.

So anyway, it looks as though the various procedures I will need in May have now been scheduled.

Things are falling into place as I make final preparations before the battle to completely and permanently evict that nasty TNBC from my body can begin in earnest.

No comments: