Sunday, May 24, 2009

Little luxuries

A weekend all without doctor's appointments and medical stuff. Just gardening, some grilling, good food, good company. I really enjoy these little luxuries, even more so right now then I used to enjoy them. They  make me feel almost normal.

But then of course, things aren't almost normal. On Saturday I was fighting almost constant nausea, and a huge tension headache. Today it was only an intermittent headache. No, it's not morning sickness, not to worry -- despite the 'positive' pregnancy test. It's just a sign that my body got pumped full of hormones this cycle, and is still laboring to get the remainder of them out of my system.

Somehow it messed up my blood sugar levels, too. When I used my mom's diabetes blood sugar test kit this afternoon, I scored a 67, which is quite low. No wonder I've been having the munchies and getting cranky every few hours -- I've been hypoglycemic, apparently. Oh well, just gotta keep the crackers handy.

I hope it won't be too hard to fast for the surgery Tuesday morning, and that the night won't be too hot so I'll get dehydrated. At least the surgery is scheduled for 8:30 a.m., which means we have to get there around 7:30. Last time it was 6:30 a.m., which was quite very early! So I'm glad this one is early enough in the day so I don't have to fast too long, but not so early that I have to get up before I go to bed.

But before then, I get on more day of respite. DH will actually stay home since it's Memorial Day, and spend the day with my mom and me. That'll mean more gardening, more barbecue, and more time to relax and enjoy the good things life has given me. And I am increasingly determined to enjoy those good things in life as much as I can, and to be extra grateful for them.

1 comment:

MKB said...

Best wishes and prayers for tomorrow's surgery --may it be quick and easy, with super-attentive doctors at your side! We'll be thinking of you and wishing you well. Let us know if Blackjack needs any company -- Bailey can always use some friend playtime!