Friday, May 15, 2009

Oh what a day!!!

Really, what a day!!! It is DH and my tenth wedding anniversary today, and we spent the day celebrating. He stayed home from work all day, took me to my second appointment with Dr. K to get 'pumped up' (100 ml more!), and in the afternoon we had tickets for the latest Cirque du Soleil show "Kooza". We then went out for dinner to what is reputed to be the most romantic restaurant in the area. It was a very, very, very nice day.

Although it was an essentially perfect day, it turned out to be even more perfect than we had ever dreamed it might: We received another call from the IVF lab. They wanted us to know that the super amazing embryologists at their lab had taken those eight immature eggos they harvested and matured them outside of my body, then fertilized them by ICSI (Intracytoplastic Sperm injection).

The miracle is, they did mature,  and we now have five additional embies to freeze!!! This means that as of right now, we have a whopping twelve potential future miracle babies on ice, waiting for mommy to be healthy.

As I'm writing this, I am still in awe, and in disbelief. I didn't even know they could do this --and yet here they just did it,  it almost doubles our chances of having our own kid. So I'm glad that the embryologists really seem to know their stuff at that IVF clinic...

I am so very, very, very grateful for the many good things that happened today!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great news! Ain't modern science amazing?