Saturday, May 16, 2009

Still marveling

We are all still marveling at how lucky we got with this IVF cycle to end up with twelve little frosties. If we had been proceeding with the fresh cycle, today would have been the day of embryo transfer. But of course, that is not what we are doing. So it was just a nice calm day, with sunshine, and yardwork, and some lazy time spent together, marveling at our unexpected IVF success.

I am almost done with my post-egg retrieval antibiotics, and my battered veins are recovering. This is a good thing, since on Monday I am scheduled not only for a morning "Chemo 101" class, but also for a 5 p.m. MUGA scan to make sure my heart is functioning properly before Dr. V starts poisoning me. Of course, the MUGA scan involves administration of a radioactive contrast agent, which is why my veins will need to endure another IV line on Monday, and a port implantation pre-surgical blood draw on Wednesday. But at least everything has had time to heal over, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

Next week I really should get a script from the poison man for a "hair prosthesis" aka a wig. I'm not sure how much I might wear it, but it might be useful when I return to work. So I want to see whether the insurance will pay for one. If they do, I definitely want to get one. They say to do that sort of thing while you still have hair, as it makes it easier to find something suitable and close to the original.

Those are the plans for the week ahead. If it weren't for the immediate past, as well as for the what the immedidate future would bring, this could have been an utterly normal day. DH put in the vegetable garden as the official frost date has passed, and I snipped off lots of remaining dead stuff in the garden. Deliciously normal things for this time of year. I like normal...   :)

1 comment:

MKB said...

Congratulations again on all the wonderful frosties!!!!